Visually Analyze the Output of CEP Engines
With Panopticon, you can connect directly to your CEP engines and incorporate CEP data in your analytical dashboards. You can also combine CEP data with information from other internal and third-party real-time streams, and historical time series data stored in relational databases, columnar tick databases, OData sources, or flat files.
Connect directly to popular CEP engines
Capital markets applications
Financial services applications for Panopticon's visual analysis of CEP data include:
- Visualizing the relative success of alternative trading strategies in algorithmic trading systems. Users can program new algorithms into a CEP engine and quickly analyze the results using a Panopticon dashboard.
- Market liquidity analysis to combine order book data from multiple markets to analyze full market liquidity, to determine where, when and how to trade.
- Quantitative trading to monitor the market for pre-defined conditions that represent opportunities, automating the response to capitalize on the opportunity before it disappears.
- Smart order routing using live market data to intelligently route orders for best results and in compliance with best execution policies.
- Best execution compliance to collect data at the time of each trade to monitor and show compliance with best execution policies.
Reduce time to action using low-latency visual analysis
Visual analysis dashboards connected to CEP engines, databases storing historical time series data and real-time streaming sources provide users with the ability to filter, correlate and aggregate real-time event data in an extremely low latency environment. The seamless integration of historical data with real-time events enables much more efficient trading since properly designed data visualizations reduce the time required to make well informed buy and sell decisions. In addition, detecting anomolous or potentially fraudulent behavior and gaming by traders becomes much easier to accomplish is less time than ever before.