Panopticon's clients use our visual data discovery software tools to speed up business processes, reduce operational and investment risks, detect anomalies (including fraud), and identify opportunities to increase profits and sales.
Panopticon's data visualization software is optimized for monitoring and analysis of real-time data. It incorporates an in-memory OLAP data model and can connect to virtually any data source, including column-oriented tick databases like SAP Sybase IQ, Kx Kdb+, Thomson Reuters Velocity Analytics, and OneTick, relational databases like Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, and Teradata, real-time message buses like QPID, ActiveMQ and SonicMQ, CEP engines like SAP Sybase ESP, Oracle CEP and StreamBase, OData sources like the SAP Netweaver Gateway, and the SAP HANA high performance analytic appliance.
Our data visualization software helps people see hidden patterns or spot problems in addition to helping them identify useful opportunities in their data. Our clients include many of the largest securities and investment management firms in the world, who use the product in a variety of applications, including:
Companies in other industries including telecoms, energy, healthcare, logistics, retail, and government entities incorporate our visual analysis software into their operations in order to make insightful decisions based on fast-changing data.
Visual analysis for any data in every environment
Panopticon's platform excels in three areas:
- World class interactive information visualizations designed for fast comprehension of static and time series historical data, including Treemaps, Heatmaps, Scatter Plots, and many more.
- Ability to connect to virtually any data source, including real-time message buses, CEP engines, column-oriented tick databases, OData sources, row-oriented relational databases, flat files, and proprietary data formats.
- Support for fast deployment in a wide range of IT environments.
Wide range of deployment options
We offer three major deployment options. The right one for you will depend on your specific requirements and the details of your application. All three approaches offer identical functionality in terms of data visualizations, filtering capability and data connectivity.
- Panopticon is a fully productized system designed for rapid deployment at the enterprise level. It incorporates a wide range of data visualizations, from Treemaps and Heatmaps to Scatter Plots and Bullet Graphs, and uses our unique StreamCube™ in-memory data model for on-the-fly data aggregations and slicing and dicing. The platform includes a desktop authoring tool that allows power users to assemble and publish new monitoring and analysis dashboards to the web.
- Our unique Panopticon Embed tool allows you to build dashboards quickly using Panopticon's point-and-click software and then embed the complete dashboards as objects into your applications. This allows you to complete quite sophisticated development projects in just a few hours with minimal coding. It also puts control over the design of the dashboards into the hands of knowledgeable business users who understand best how to visualize the information they're looking for.
- You can also integrate Panopticon's real-time visual data analysis capabilties into QlikView. This enables QlikView users to federate reference and real-time streaming data as well as conflated time series data sets, expand the data connectivity of QlikView to include tick databases, real-time message queues and CEP engines, and extend QlikView's data visualization capabilities with Panopticon's library of specialized visualizations designed for financial data.
Panopticon products are available based on several licensing models designed to make these tools affordable for any size organization, including pay-as-you-go and perpetual licenses. Their ability to improve the ROI for sunk investments in legacy BI systems, fast deployment cycles, and flexible pricing combine to offer organizations extremely high value with low total cost of ownership.
Worldwide partner network
There is no substitute for deep domain knowledge and local experience; therefore, Panopticon works with partners all over the world to deliver a complete package of technology and support services to our clients. Panopticon partners customize our tools, connect to your data sources, train users, and provide local support.
Development of Panopticon visual analysis tools began in 1999 at an emerging market brokerage, Brunswick Direct. CTO Sam Giertz was facing a difficult challenge: how to efficiently deliver quality information on thousands of financial instruments in over 30 markets in a very short period of time. Giertz wanted his clients to be able to make sense of huge volumes of information quickly and then be able to make informed investment decisions based on that information. Willem De Geer, a co-founder at Brunswick Direct, worked with lead developers Markus Skyttner and Ludvig Karlsson to engineer the first version of what is now the Panopticon visual data monitoring and analysis system. Panopticon Software AB was founded as an independent company in 2002. The company has offices in New York, Boston, San Francisco, London, Düsseldorf, New Dehli, and Stockholm.